Explore Tibet Overland Tour (Fly in - Drive Out)
- Fly over Mt. Everest from Kathmandu to Lhasa in Tibet..
- Explore the cultural highlights of the cities of Lhasa, Gyantse and Shigatse..
- Drive overland across the Himalayas from Tibet to Kathmandu, Nepal.
Start your journey to Tibet with a spectacular flight over the snow capped Himalayan mountains past Mt. Everest, Malaku and Kanchanjunga. In Lhasa visit the famous Potala and Norbulinkha palaces, the great Drepung Monastery, Jokhang Temple, and walk amongst the crowded Tibetan market - the bustling Barkor Bazaar.Drive past the beautiful Turquoise lake on the way to the historic town of Gyantse with its unique multi-storied Kumbum Stupa.
Our itinerary also includes the famous but rarely visited Shalu and Sakya Monasteries. After visiting the Tashilungpo at Shigatse we start our drive over the Himalayas by way of the incredible Arniko Highway that connects Kathmandu with Lhasa. Enjoy fabulous Himalayan mountain scenery again - this time from ground level !! Once over the high passes flanked by a range of Himalayan giants we enter a land of lush subtropical jungles and rushing streams as we descend steeply into the Bhote Koshi Gorge towards Nepal. At the town of Zangmu on the Tibet-Nepal border we bid farewell to our Tibet friends and drive through the terraced countryside of Nepal to end our journey in Kathmandu. An unforgettable encounter with forbidden Tibet.
Day 01: Kathmandu-Lhasa (3600m); fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa airport and driving 2 hours to hotel. You will arrive to Lhasa and spend rest of the day for acclimatization. O/n at Yak hotel or similar.
Day 02-04: Sightseeing in Lhasa (3,600): full day sightseeing tour of Lhasa visiting Potala palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor bazzar, Norbulingkha, Sera and Drepung Monastery. O/n at yak hotel or similar.
Day 05: Drive Lhasa to Gyangtse (3650m) 261 km, full day picturesque drive crossing over high passes like Karola (5,010) and Kambala (4,794) via Yamdrok lake (torquise lake) and the Tibetan lifeline river Yearling Tsangpo (Brahma putra) - o/n at Gyangtse hotel.
Day 06: Drive Gyangtse to Shigatse (3900m) 90 km, morning visit Phalcho and Kumbum monastery in Gyangtse. After lunch drive to Shigatse. O/n at Shigatse hotel
Day 07: Drive Shigatse to Xegar, 240 km, it takes 7 hours driving, crossing over a highest pass of Gyatso La (5,220m), and visit Sakya Monastery. Drive another 30km from the main road to Xegar.
Day 08: Drive Xegar to Zhangmu, 270 km, and cross over friendship bridge into Nepal side.
- Warn welcome airport in Kathmandu & transfer hotel
- All arrival and departure transfers using private vehicle
- Hotel accommodation at respective hotels on BB (Bed & Breakfast) basis in all places except in Chitwan
- Hotel accommodation at respective hotels on FB (Bed, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) basis in Chitwan
- Hotel accommodation on BB (Bed & Breakfast) basis
- All sightseeing with local English speaking guide
- All transfer by private vehicle; it is depend on group size
- Necessary entrance fees
- Farewell dinner with Nepali with live cultural performance
- Airfare to/from Nepal.
- Nepal visa fee – available upon arrival at Kathmandu airport or border
- Beverage and expenses of personal nature.
- Any Optional Sightseeing Tours and extension of tours, hotel accommodation etc.
- Tips to guide, porters, drivers etc.
- Personal Insurance.
Please fill up the form bellow and submit it. As per your requirement, we will get back to you very soon with details.
Mountain Flight Flight Ticket Airport Pickup/Drop