Tibet Lhasa Travel (Fly in - Fly out)
Lhasa - The Land of Gods (11850 ft.)
Lhasa, the capital of the Tibet Autonomous Region is located between 29o 36'N and 19o 06' E at the north bank of Kyichu river, a tributary of the Yarlung Tsangpo River, at an altitude of 3650 meteres above sea level. Lhasa has a history of more than 1300 years and has been the center of politics, economy, culture and religi pung Monastery was founded in 1416 by Jamyang Choje, a disciple of Tsongkapa, the founder of Gelugpa Sect. The monastery, occupying an area of 250,000 square meters with a fixed number of 7,700 monks, is the largest monastery in Tibet. The monastery keeps many historical relics, Buddhist scriptures, arts, and crafts.
Day 1: Fly to Lhasa airport and transfer 95 km to the hotel, drive 2 hours to Yerlung Tsangpo and Lhasa Kyichu River.
Day 2: Morning visit Potala palace, the seat of both religion and politics in Tibet. It was built in the 7th century by Tibetan king Songtsen Gampo and later renovated by the 5th Dalai Lama in the 17th century. Afternoon visit Sera monastery, 5 km north of Lhasa city. It was built in 1419 by Jamchen Choeji, a disciple of Tsongkhapa, founder of the Gelugpa sect. Sera is one of the three major monasteries of the yellow sect in Tibet.
Dya 3: Morning visit Drepung monastery, the largest Monastery of the Gelugpa sect in Lhasa. It was built in 1416 by Jamyang chojie a disciple of Tsongkhapa. Afternoon visit Jokhang Temple and Barkhor market; this is the holiest shrine in Tibet with houses of golden statues of the Shakyamuni Budhha, brought to Tibet by the Chinese princess Wenchen.
Day 4: Visit Norbulingkha, the summer palace of the Dalai Lamas, built in the 18th century.
Day 5: Drive to Lhasa airport for flight to next destination.
- Warn welcome airport in Kathmandu & transfer hotel
- All arrival and departure transfers using private vehicle
- Hotel accommodation at respective hotels on BB (Bed & Breakfast) basis in all places except in Chitwan
- Hotel accommodation at respective hotels on FB (Bed, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) basis in Chitwan
- Hotel accommodation on BB (Bed & Breakfast) basis
- All sightseeing with local English speaking guide
- All transfer by private vehicle; it is depend on group size
- Necessary entrance fees
- Farewell dinner with Nepali with live cultural performance
- Airfare to/from Nepal.
- Nepal visa fee – available upon arrival at Kathmandu airport or border
- Beverage and expenses of personal nature.
- Any Optional Sightseeing Tours and extension of tours, hotel accommodation etc.
- Tips to guide, porters, drivers etc.
- Personal Insurance.
Please fill up the form bellow and submit it. As per your requirement, we will get back to you very soon with details.
Mountain Flight Flight Ticket Airport Pickup/Drop