How to travel between Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan?
- Between Nepal and Tibet can travel by air in one and half hour flight or by overland also is possible, there is just one border (Kerung) is open for tourist to travel between two country.
- There are two airlines, Air China and Sichuan Airlines operate the flight between Nepal and Tibet, In the high tourist seasons there is daily flight available and low seasons there is few flights a week so you have to check the scheduled before travel.
- Between Nepal and Bhutan, there are two airlines, Druk air and Bhutan Airlines operate the daily flight. Being a touristic destination, sometimes it’s very hard go get the ticket on plane so you have to book the flight ticket in advance.
- Nepal to Bhutan or Bhutan to Nepal can be travel via overland and using short flight in Nepal side. To and from Kathmandu to Bhadrapur (Nepal), there are many flights a day. Kathmandu to Bhadrapur approx. 45 minutes flight and from there approx. 5hrs. drive Phuentsholing border (Bhutan). This way also possible to travel.
- There is no direct transportation or flight connection between Tibet and Bhutan so you must travel via Kathmandu Nepal.